Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Eulogy...Saying Goodbye to an old friend and my first love

I recently got in contact with a friend of mine from Maine. His name is Scott (it will make things less confusing to use names) he regrettably informed me that a good friend of mine from Maine passed away his name was Brian. I'm sorry to say that because we had gotten out of contact I did not know this had happened. He died a couple years ago due to complications from Chrohn's Disease.

Brian was my first love...we were at a party in 7th grade and he and I talked the whole night. I knew after that he was the one for me. Unfortunately he didn't realize it til a year later (boys are always behind the curve). We went to the 8th grade dance together. Although we never officially went out it was kind of assumed we were a couple or as much of a couple as 8th graders can be. After I left Maine, we lost touch for awhile. Then he found me in around 1998 we had a few visits when he was on his way home from school. They were enjoyable. But for some reason we lost touch again. And I took it for granted that I could find him again. Unfortunately he is gone and I can't find him again. But he will live on my memories as many others do.

As I say good bye to my first love I encourage you to stay in contact with those you love and care about because life is short.

love you guys,
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home