Thursday, September 15, 2005

So its been awhile...time for an update...

Life has been good to me lately....

The job is going well, the pay raise is nice, and I like my job which I think is really important. And I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers...well most of the time...funny embarassing story from our staff meeting....

Joyce handles the bills for everything including our Cokesbury (church books) order...so she had a bill and there was a book on it that she didn't know who it belonged to for account purposes. She had it narrowed down to myself and our youth director...so she throws out the title...Practicing Passion...and I quickly respond...'well you know that isn't me'...and the staff errupted into roaring laughter, I turned red but I collected myself, everyone had a good laugh. That is actually a pretty typical day for me. lol.

I am happy to report I finally found a house I like, in a neighborhood I like, at a price I can afford and they accepted my offer. So about the middle of October I will be a home owner in the great YC. Yippee!!!!! Now I won't actually get to move in until the end of October because of the house the current owners are moving into. But I should be in before the holidays. I'm very excited!! I will be putting pictures up so you can see them soon.

It is interesting...because I am not a huge country music fan as most of you know...but I find the Rascal Flatts song Bless the Broken Road very fitting right now. It is as though I needed to have a rough time with things to appreciate the good stuff out there. Life is going well for me and I am happy about everything in my life. (well except for my fantasy football team) Now if I could just find a cute bartender (stella will get this) ;-)

Have a good one,
Meg

Bless The Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
(Boyd Bobby/Jeffrey/Hanna/Marcus Hummon)
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Now I’m just rollin’ home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 6:48 PM, Blogger The Harry Potter of Poker said...

Yeah...sorry, i can't really think of anything productive or meaningfull to say at the moment. I just didn't want your only comment to be some @#$% spamer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home