Saturday, February 19, 2005

To everything there is a season...

A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
and a time to die;
A time to plant,
and a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stone,
and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
and a time to lose;
A time to keep,
and a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
and a time to speak;
A time to love,
and a time to hate;
A time of war,
and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

A very wise man Solomon was...he realized that everything had a time...God's time not ours.

This scripture is often read at funerals...in many ways it is appropriate for many occasions because it discusses the cycle of life. Today I am posting it to remind myself that everything has a time and a purpose. Yesterday morning my cat of 19 years passed away, she had cancer. I know that in the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal....young people are dying of cancer, innocent people are dying in war, people are being persecuted, nuclear weapons exist in our world, and many more. But to me and my family it is a sad time. She lived a good life I know...but that isn't really comforting because it doesn't bring her back. With the exception of my immediate family she was in my life longer than most people. She was loved and she will be missed.

If you have pets give them some extra love tonight.

take care,
Meg

PS I promise future posts will be more cheerful...or at least I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home